Key takeaways from webinar on, “What to Expect at an EMU Stay?” recorded on September 25, 2023.
A guide for individuals with epilepsy on how to prepare, and what to expect during and after an EMU stay.
- Preparation Is Key: Adequate preparation before entering the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) is crucial for a successful experience.
- Understanding the Monitoring process, which helps diagnose and manage epilepsy.
- Open Communication: Maintaining open and honest communication with the medical team is essential to address any concerns or questions about the process.
- Mobility and Comfort: Be prepared for some restrictions on mobility and understand the importance of staying within the range of monitoring equipment.
- A positive attitude can greatly enhance the EMU experience, as it helps patients cope with the challenges of the stay.
- Post-EMU Review: After the EMU stay, patients can expect a comprehensive review of results and personalized treatment recommendations to better manage their epilepsy.
Read and download the printable resource.
Click here to access the recorded webinar or access the webinar below:
This webinar was brought to you by a collaboration between the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado & Wyoming, the Epilepsy Foundation of Los Angeles, the EFEPA, the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota, CAMELICE, ItsYourEpilepsy.com, Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery Alliance, and the Chelsea Hutchison Foundation.